Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recommitment

Saturday night I stayed at my friend Jen’s house in Somer’s Point. I had been really tired from a beautiful wedding in LBI (Congrats again to Colleen & Jamie) Friday, then heading to the shore for the afternoon Saturday to relax and catch up. I probably was asleep within seconds of my eyes shutting… I remember a lot of my dreams and I dream every night. Sometimes I forget them as soon as I wake up and other times, they stick with me for awhile. I had a dream Saturday night about 20 in 24. Maggie, Julieane, and some of the other Lone Ranger women were there. We were on a little street in Italy and it was night time. The other girls were getting ready and it was clear the race was happening here and now. I looked down and I had on shorts and a t-shirt, I could have run in them if I had to but it was clear I was not dressed for this occasion. I was worried because I had not trained but I was ready to go because I committed to it.


I was just about to start and my brother Sean grabbed my shoulder, “Kate! What are you doing?! Why aren’t you in this?” He was pointing at my clothes. “I am, Sean…I signed up in November, I am def in this!” and I tugged on my bib number. “I mean, you are usually psyched…you usually have on something fun you picked out, something bright to change into later, some stupid wrist things or something…this isn’t you! This isn’t how you race! Did you even train?!” I felt like a deer in headlights… “I, uh… I ran Broad Street” Yeah at that point we both looked at the ground and shook our heads. I woke up feeling terrible! I have NOT been training the way I did last year and even though it is less than two months away, I need to do something drastic!


Sunday I ran 11 miles, with the dream fresh in my mind. It was a gorgeous day, pretty hot too (around 80) and I went out with a goal to run 2 hours or at least 10 miles. I did 11 and was over 2 hours, so I felt great! Monday I was a little sore and did not run. Monday night when I was settling in for bed, after 4 hours of Microbiology…I asked God to help make running a priority again, for the help to get me up in the morning and get back to training. Tuesday I woke up before 6 and got dressed. It was raining so I decided to use the keychain I haven’t used too often to go to my gym. The treadmills have new TVs, touch screens, and it was pretty neat. The pace and time are right on the TV and the button to adjust the speed wasn’t a button but a lever type thing. I was liking it. It even gave you a workout summary when you were done. I did 4 miles, under an 11 min pace which is good! This morning the heat had me up before my alarm at 5:45. This time it was nice enough to run outside though. I did another 4 this morning. It was humid and I was soaking wet with sweat in the first mile, but I always prefer that to the treadmill!
My goal is to run for 3-4 hours this weekend. Next weekend I will be in CT Fri and Saturday and have a baby Shower Sunday so I will be happy if I get 2 hours in…I might have to wake up really early one week day and crank out like 10 miles..I am going to keep praying and see what God thinks I should do about it. June 9-10 weekend I would like to run 5-6 hours. Maggie said that our longest run should be June 16 or 17 because it will give us 4 weeks to recuperate. Her and Julieane just ran a 50 mile trail race on Sunday, so I think that is there farthest run (those girls are slightly crazy). I was thinking about an 8 hour run June 17. Maggie and Caroline said they are free too. 

I am going to see “Buddy” the musical about Buddy Holly with my parents and Patrick Saturday which will be a perfect time to see if they are free any of those days. Last year, I know I wrote about it…my parents showed up for Maggie and I on our longest run with ice cold water, bananas, and orange Gatorade. I think it qualified as top 5 happiest moments of my life. It would be awesome if we could get some support pacers to come out again like Bonnie, Ed, and I think Annukka and Matt were there. It is all kind of fuzzy now, but I remember that happiness. I was also delusional, but oh so happy. I have been hyper all day and I think it has everything to do with the fact that I am 100% back in this!



No comments:

Post a Comment