Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Each His(her) Own

Officially Week 3 of training. I looked at the schedule last night, I am following one of Hal Higdon marathon trainings, and when you look at the long run and scroll down…17 weeks is not really that long. Now 17 wks will bring me to Mid May or near the end of May so I will need to just continue with the long runs until July. My long run last week was a mile short :/ I didn’t map it out ahead of time so I figured if I ran to University City and back it would be close to 7, but it was just barely 6 miles. The snow had melted and it wasn’t too bad of a run actually. I went from my house to 33rd St made a Right then came back on Walnut. I went to Front St and then over to Bainbridge because I had a feeling it wasn’t long enough. This week on the schedule it says 5 miles for the long run but I am going to see how I feel and maybe get that 7 in there.

I went to the gym last night after work and NEVER again! There are WAY too many people there. I got a treadmill, then it was really loud when I was running and that always makes me feel like I am an elephant and the machine is about to break under my ginormous steps! So I stopped that one and went to another.. I ran 3 miles, my knee was bothering me a little but I stretched and it was ok.

Then I went into a room with a mat so I can do my squats, etc. So I laid down and was doing my crunches when this guy came over and gave me an overly loud sigh..OK I was taking up a large portion of the mat but I am not used to being in there with so many people. He gave me a bit of tude when I asked if he wanted me to move over and that is when I decided I love the gym…after 9 pm!

Then I had to listen to Mr. Tudey talk to his also grown male friend about Star Wars for a good 15 mins. And then my mind got mean to them, like I am some super cool kid or something, cause had I been with one of my girl friend’s and talking about Annie or Nsync I would have found nothing weird or dorky about that. However, don’t give me tude then talk about Chubaka like he’s your next door neighbor. And then I was reminded of when I had an internet dating profile and I was winked at by this guy….in a full Chubaka outfit. For real all the pics were him dressed as a giant Ape, what if one of them… Anyway, to each his own..and mine is the gym after 9PM!



No comments:

Post a Comment