Monday, February 21, 2011

Bit of a Slump

Yesterday I went for a jog at Neshaminy Park, for the first time. It was nice, We ran a trail in the woods and it looped back to the parking lot, for about a 3 mile run. It was fun to run somewhere new. Last year I took a lot of pictures during my runs and I want to get back to that. I like to have something to post and pictures are pretty much always cooler than words.

None running related note: It has been a news filled month! One of my good friends, Tam, got engaged about a month ago, My brother proposed to his gf (Erin) on Valentine’s Day, and then Saturday night another friend, Ashley got engaged! My roommate from college, Dannielle set her date for her wedding too! So there is some motivation to keep training, if I am going to be wearing dresses when I attend these. Of course, I totally made all of the great news about me… No it really is awesome for all of them! The first will be Tam’s Memorial Day Weekend. My dress has already come in for that one, but I can always tone up a little more…I don’t like to set weight goals, because then I get sad when I don’t meet them. I have been around the same weight for a couple years now, regardless of the physical activity and diet. But I feel better when I am on the beam, and that is what matters most.

OK so tonight I have every intention of going to the gym. My goal will be 3-4 miles..

Another side note: Awesome news! Maggie placed 3rd in the marathon she did this past weekend! She is such an inspiration! I told her I will read the book she should write about being awesome and running real far.

"So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win." ~Og Mandino~

No comments:

Post a Comment