Monday, June 13, 2011

From the Valley to the River

Sunday I ran with the Team at Valley Forge, did 5 miles. It was raining so I didn’t get to take any pics this week. We ran on the river trail instead of in the park. It was really pretty though. I ran a little with a woman that is doing Alaska this weekend. She joined online as a virtual team, so she has been primarily training on her own. I wished her good luck at 2.5 miles which was my turn around and she continued on. She was running 8 miles.

Last week I did make it to Valley Green. There was a 10K getting ready so a lot of people were around. My feet were still sore from the Memorial Day run, so I walked a mile or so then jogged a little and repeated. There was a coach for the walk/run team that walked with me. She was really nice to talk to and after a little I just sucked it up and my feet were fine by the end. We did about 4 miles or so.

I have not been training as I would like to but I am doing what I can. I ran Thursday morning and took these two pictures. Pretty! Friday I had an awesome softball game, but other than that I did not run that morning. I am going to make a real effort this week to follow my training. I have a Test tonight on The Blood. I heard it is all multiple choice which is fantastic.







Last night Maggie and I went for a run on the path. Did about 5 miles, but with the run there and the walk home I did roughly 8.5 miles. Which is probably why I was a little sore this morning. Here’s a pic of Boathouse Row around 9:30pm.


Saturday, Maggie and I are doing our 8 hr run on the loop. I am going to stock up Friday night after work with some gels, good socks, a nice tank top and shorts. I have the glide, that I will absolutely bring. Probably pack a couple peanut butter sandwiches. Anyone is more than welcome to come by. Not sure I will have my phone...it got annoying to have after about 3 miles last time, but who knows.




No comments:

Post a Comment