Monday, April 9, 2012

Hip...Hip Hop...Hip Hop Anonymous

I had an awesome weekend away in Mystical Connecticut! It is gorgeous up there. These last two sentences would have not come out of my mouth 6+ years ago when I was convinced CT was filled with rich snobby people. There are some rich people, let’s get real, but it was so beautiful! I think if I went venturing on my own I would not have seen the sights I did. My friend, Jeff told me there was a great place to run near his house with a mile loop around a lake. When he pulled into an abandoned parking lot, I was slightly suspicious. We walked up a hill for a half a mile and then our view opened to a beautiful sight!

Jeff is running Boston next week so he wanted to run 5 miles. I thought I would soak up the view so I ran/ but mainly walked, 3 laps.


Later in the day I got a tour of Mystic, CT. There were shops and boats and piers. Very pretty. We went up to Ender’s Island which is like a retreat area run by priests and nuns, I believe. It was so nice there. Sometime’s with all the hustle and bustle, I forget what pure silence sounds like…I got to hear and see it this weekend.
I really should watch the movie.

That night we went to Mohegan Sun for dinner and got to hear some Doo Wop music. It was a great time.
I hadn't been to Mohegan Sun since I turned 21. I hardly remembered it then so this time was like the first time and it was great.

27 Days until Broad St! I can feel the weather getting nicer out there and I think that will have a positive affect on my training. I didnt really have time to indulge in Easter Candy yesterday because I was travelling around. I am fighting the urge to go sweap up at Rite Aid on the leftovers but it may just happen tonight.

Hope everyone had a great Easter! It was so nice for me to get a change of scenery for a day and a half. As much as I love the outdoors; grass, trees, ocean...My heart did flutter when I stepped back into Philly. I guess I have grown to love this place <3

No comments:

Post a Comment