Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day Two and Going Strong

Last night I decided to run outside. On my walk home Monday night I saw a handful of runners out past 9 so I figured I wouldn’t be the only one. Plus there is just something nice about being able to actually run and not have to stay in one place on a treadmill. I went down the Ben Franklin Parkway then turned around and came back on 22nd street. I think it is going to be a lot of fun running the Distance run. With the flags on the parkway lining both sides of the street and the people cheering you on, it’s going to be a lot of fun. This will be the longest race that I’ve done in Philly. I did the Broad St Run two years ago and I did Back on My Feet’s 20 in 24 (8.4 miles) in July of 08. Both of those races were a lot of fun because I had a sense of where I was and that’s comforting.

I did 4.5 miles last night. I had no idea how far it was until this morning when I mapped it out online. I thought it would be around 5, so I wasn’t too far off. I was supposed to run 3 yesterday and 6 on Monday but I was only able to do 4.5 on Monday so I made up the difference last night. Tonight is conditioning or strength training. I think I am going to check out Franklin Field tonight. I have never gone inside. I used to park in the parking lot behind the field a couple years ago…Each morning I would walk around the side and think how cool it would be to go in. Well apparently anyone can go in, as long as there is not something else going on. I have to do pushups, lunges and things like that tonight so I may just go to the gym. I figure I will make up my mind by 5:25. Wednesday is the only day that I can go after work, because I do not have class.

I am sleepy today.. Ok time for some motivation:
Ohh here’s a good one for summer

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." -Bill Bowerman

No comments:

Post a Comment