Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Into Action!

Well hello there Spring! I am in a splendid mood today, so much so I decided to use the word splendid to describe it. Yesterday the Shakeology came in the mail, so after I dissected a sheep’s brain (in class), I came home and made a nice chocolate and strawberry shake. It was actually pretty good. It is getting warmer out so occasionally I will want to wake up early to enjoy as much of the day as I can (and also it gets so hot and uncomfortable I get mad and get up). Last night I woke up 4 times excited to go running. I think it was because I had the shake so late at night, but whatever it was I liked it. It was foggy and looked like it had rained earlier when I went out this morning, which I really enjoy. I prefer clouds to sun, unless on a beach, so sometimes I do prefer foggy damp to hot and clear. I know I am weird. I embrace it!

Saturday I met up with a friend and we tried to run the bridge but it was closed : ( so we ran up Vine St to Broad, then over to Lombard and back east.. I did about 6 miles which felt good. This morning, I ran to the parkway, took some pictures, ran to 10th St and back home, about 3.5 miles. I walked outside when I was coming back to my desk from clinic today and it is gorgeous out!

 


Next Saturday is the Phillies 5K, we get to finish in the park on the field (probably the warning track but heck still counts)! I am excited about it. I do like doing runs with people but going alone is okay too, especially since rarely do I finish near the people I go with. We get two tickets to one of the On Deck series games, so I decided to go Tues April 3 and the lucky +1 is my brother Patrick. I was going to try to get him tickets to another Sixers game but that never happened so this is a good place for us to go. I don’t know if I am ready to deal with the news about Utley right now…I have not been keeping up with all of the Phils news like I would want to but I call Ashley and Patrick and they tell me. It’s like Sports center on speed dial. I have tickets to the April 28 game (going with Ash : ) and another game with her July 7. I am going to get Red Sox tickets offline too for May so I have 4 games lined up thus far. I feel like it has been a very long time since I have been in Citizen’s Bank Park. Next Friday I am going to hop the Broad St Line down to the stadium to pick up my race packet. Maybe they will have cardboard cut outs of some of the players (since they are still in Clearwater).


Broad Street is approaching quickly as well. I need to get a ten mile run in at some point this month, so I know it is possible.


I had to make a difficult decision last week with my school schedule. I had to withdraw from my Micro, therefore postponing my beginning Nursing School in the fall. After praying and talking with others, weighing my pros and cons, it was not worth the risk. I will be retaking Micro in the Summer and starting LaSalle in January… Which means I could potentially run a marathon if I wanted this fall… Maybe…



I started writing a 5 year plan (May even have been on here…or a letter to my pen pal Andy) anyway…running a total of 5 marathons was on there. I have 3 down…. So, let’s leave it at a def maybe and see how the recuperation from the 20 in 24 goes…But it is fun to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment