Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dust yourself off and try again..

OK so I was kind of worried about whether I would blog everyday or not..because I don't want this to get repetitive...So when I was on my run this morning, I was thinking of possible ways to spunk this up...And then I fell..
I saw a friend while crossing the street and as I was waving at him I tripped and fell completely down in the street at 20th and Walnut. Luckily it was a red light, but while I was getting up it turned green and I shimmied to the side. I had never actually fallen down when running, although I played it out multiple times in my mind. My two initial thoughts once on the sidewalk: 1. thankfully it was a red light when I fell..2. Welp I got that out of the way. Now that I fell down I won't have to worry about it anymore.
I thought it was pretty funny that I was worried about being boring with my updates of my training and then I fell right down in the street. Thanks for the material God, and thankfully I am not seriously hurt. Other than the slight bruise to my ego, but at least it was funny..

“He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Now clearly I was not out to fall on my face this morning and conquer that embarrassing fear, but hey it happened regardless. I ended up running a little less than 3 miles, in about 28 minutes..I walked a little bit but then got back into my stride. Hopefully tomorrow I will keep one foot in front of the other and stay upright.

Oh and we are up to $185!!!!! That is so awesome!! Thank you all for donating. This week I am going to brain storm and try to narrow down ideas for events, so please please please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment