Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Go Green..

Tomorrow night is the Team in Training (TNT) Kick-off event. My team leader/trainer/mentor.. whichever title works, called to tell me that we are the GREEN team. Which totally works out because I LOVE the color green! And being a fan of the Eagles and an Irish gal, I have a good amount of green attire to work with.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." ~Zig Ziglar

After talking to a couple people who have run or are training to run marathons, it's apparent that I need to do this daily. Monday I went for a run, with really no destination in mind. I started going and then thought it'd be cool to run to the Art Museum and back on the path by the river. By the time I got on the path, the sun was fully up and it was really nice. I finished my run just shy of 7am. 5 miles in 51 minutes...and plenty of time to get ready for work.

Yesterday, I ran at night..I went in early to work and was too tired to make the effort when my alarm went off at 5:15am.. I went out in the moonlight, all excited because I just got my Nike+Ipod again. And the pace and distance did not work. So at the end of the work out I had run 35 minutes, with a distance of .71 miles and an avg of 49 mins a mile. I know that I am slow, but come on Nike +. I am going to try and Calibrate the sensor again tonight and hopefully it will work. At least the time was right, I did run 35 minutes and after mapping my route on www.mapmyrun.com I ran about 3.8 miles. Which is under a 10 min mile!!
I think I run faster at night, but the trick is maintaining the motivation throughout the day. I am planning on running again tonight, hopefully the rain will hold off.

Oh and By the Way we are up to $285!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!! Thank you all for the donations!!! And thank you to everyone that has reached out and messaged me. There are a few people I didn't know were into running and it has been really cool to get their advice. I'm excited to meet my team tomorrow at the kick-off and to see the 'game plan.' Please continue to spread the word about this and thanks again for being awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this movie that I'm going to lend you for those days where you may not have the motivation you want. It's called Dear Jack and it is a documentary about Andrew McMahon (the lead singer of Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin) and his battle with leukemia a few years ago. I watched it right after you told me about this and I was literally bawling my eyes out :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that he had Leukemia, but I would def like to see that. Maybe we can have a movie night sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete