Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peace Valley






So many runs have happened since I've last written, lol. The main one being this past Saturday Morning when our team practice was at Peace Valley Park in Bucks County, PA. The park was about an hour away from the city. It was dark and freezing, but still really pretty. I was picked up a little before 7am and we made it there right before 8. After last week's team run I was trying to just relax and be easy on myself mentally. I already decided to just let it go, no need to get worked up over anything before it even happens.
The park was so pretty, it was literally freezing outside and it rained on the drive up, but somehow still beautiful. The path around the lake is a 6 mile path, so my group had to run around once. The Paris group had to run around and then run an additional mile. After talking about my pace and how I want it to be a 10, the whole car ride there. Caitlin, the girl who gave me a ride, told me she was a 10 minute too. We started running together, even though she is Paris and I am Country Music. About a mile or two in (I think around there, no mile markers. Which I think helped me too) I felt great. I finally found someone with my pace!!!! And it was weird because I was even able to say tiny words like 'Great' when we approached the sign that said '8 degree increase' and had a picture of a walker going uphill. Maybe it was because it was new scenery to look at, or maybe because I had someone who ran my pace.. but I ran so good and it felt amazing! I ran the 7th mile with Caitlin and it was just great. We didn't time ourselves but we think we were about a 10 minute. We were finished at 9:20am and I don't think we started running until 8:10. They had to do the mission moment and such in the beginning.
This week it was just stories of people getting donations, simply because they were wearing their Team in Training shirt. It is such a cool thing.
Sunday morning I ran 4 miles. Up to 22nd and down the Parkway, it was a good run. Again I would say about a ten minute mile. Yesterday was a rest day. This morning I ran another 4 miles. I went down to Front st, up Market to 18th and back on South. I think I might need some help with coming up with different routes, because I don't want to get bored with the same routine.
I am really glad that Team in Training changes the location of the practices so we can get a different feel for everything. This week it is Valley Forge. That is where the first practice was but I wasn't able to make that one. I heard there were a lot of hills there, so this should be an interesting one.
GREAT NEWS** I got my friend, Megan, to DJ the benefit!! She is awesome and I now KNOW it will be a wonderful time :) Oldies!!! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment