Tuesday, January 12, 2010

T minus 4 days!!!




I always think of Garfield when I think of Lasagna...Not sure that will ever change :)


4 DAYS until the BENEFIT!!!!

I was so stoked over running 10 miles that I forgot to post about this Saturday!!! OK, big things are happening. We are all pulling together to have roast beef, vegetable lasagna, regular meat lovers lasagna, string bean casserole, salad, and DESSERTS galore. I am so excited!! And if you've talked to me over the past week or so I have told you I am. My Aunt Doris has worked her magic and the VFW is being DONATED for the whole night!!! That is so awesome!! The majority of the food and drinks are being donated too and I really believe that I will reach my goal on Saturday. I have been trying not to stress too much about the money because I know that it will work out if it is supposed to. But I will be so INCREDIBLY happy and relieved if I meet my goal. That will give me the next 3 months to solely worry about training.



I ran 4 miles last night at the gym. My legs are sore but the kind of sore they used to feel when I was playing sports. Usually the first couple weeks of conditioning for a sport. The quads are burning a little and I forget until I bend down to pick something up and I look like a 85 yr old woman about to throw her back out. haha I'm jk, well sort of. My legs do hurt but a little pain never hurt anyone. I started new hours at work last week so I am going to be running at night from now on. I am glad I got that gym membership now. I don't want to run mainly on the treadmill but My membership is only for the next month and I am going to run outside at least three times a week. I don't really hate the treadmill anymore, because it is warm inside and I like TV. But I think my mind has a much better chance of checking out on me and wanting to quit when I am on the treadmill. Outside you have so many options as to where you can run. Like when I take a nice scenic route it's just a lot more enjoyable and I barely even realize I am running for the mileage. Inside I just stare at those bright red numbers and at times it's like waiting for water to boil. At least it hasn't come to the point where I think the numbers are standing still. When it comes to that I will know that's my cue to bundle up and hit the street.




The Benefit is at 34 Chestnut St, Berlin NJ 08009.. The VFW..It's right near Our Lady of Mt. Carmel school/church (there is actually another name now and I can't remember what it is)


If you want to bring anything, as I said above, Desserts galore. I have a handful of people bringing desserts right now and obviously there is no such thing as too many sweets..Just shoot me an email or give me a call and let me know what you're bringing.




"Joy is a heart full and a mind purified by gratitude."

~Marietta McCarty

I again want to thank everyone who has donated and who is planning on coming this Saturday. I am really excited and so Grateful to be able to be a part of this.





No comments:

Post a Comment