Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Got My Groove Back

Well slightly...My past two runs have felt pretty awesome. My mind is like 3 weeks early on the attack… But my attitude shut it down this morning : ) The raffle we held at work raised $215 for me and for the winner. Yesterday the winner came in and she donated $100 of her winnings back to me! So we made $315 from one week of a 50/50 raffle at work! Pretty awesome. Now there is $237.40 standing between me and that finish line, oh yeah and 26.2 miles!
This Sunday will be my last and longest long run, 22 miles. Some training schedules stop at 20 but we, we are going two more! Which I am pretty glad about actually. Hopefully I will feel that way while I am running it. I am glad because I think that if your body has run that far before the initial race it may be a little less likely to get pissed at you.

I want to thank my friends for bearing with me the last week. I have been a bit of a downer, Negative Nancy if you will. But you guys have lifted me back to where I need to be. When I complained and was super negative, you just made it easier for me to grasp the big picture. I have always put a lot of pressure on myself and I don’t want this to be that kind of an experience. I want this to be fun! And for that to happen I have to allow myself to get out of the way and let my body do what it has been waiting to do for 5 months!
I am so lucky to have people in my life who care enough to tell me to cut the crap… as lovingly as possible of course. Half the time when I called them I was hoping for them to tell me it was okay but thankfully they are not a fan of Negative Nancy and I am glad to report she is no longer here : )

I have still not added the pictures I took from my various excursions around town, but I promise I will add them before the marathon. I am kind of sad to leave the blog in a month… Maybe I will change it to something cool and hip… haha
Once I figure that out. Or maybe it can be a sports blog.. But being a girl it would most likely just end up being pictures of the Phillies with captions like “adorable” hahaha I will sleep on it. Not to say women can not be sports bloggers, because they can. They are just as good, if not better than men… (That statement was so Ashley didn’t kill me when she read this lol).

I feel fantastic today.. I have a few things going on the next couple weeks which are going to make the time go by even faster before the marathon. Nashville! Man I have never been there but when the travel guide, lady called with her Southern accent I got excited! I have a feeling I am going to end up just staring at the natives when they talk. Accents are so cool, I kind of wish I had one. So one more long run, a baby shower, and a wedding and I’m in Nashville! Oh yeah and a Phillies ring ceremony game ;) April is going to be fun! Did I mention it’s going to be 90 degrees today? Yeah it is April 7 right? Just checkin.. At least I am getting some practice with the heat before headin down south!!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy Katie got her groove back! And that statement was definitely me haha! I fully intend on blogging about the Phillies for the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read it :) Thanks for putting me back in my place. You're a great friend <3

    ReplyDelete