Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I changed the blog in honor of my last week! This is it folks!! I was thinking, on my run yesterday, how after I signed up for Nashville I had some down thoughts. A few weeks after choosing to go to Nashville over Jersey, I saw Maggie run the Philly Marathon. Standing with her family and other friends, I secretly wished that I had signed up for something closer to home. I wanted to feel what she was feeling, and at the time did not think I would. So as my training continued I just thought about how much support I had been getting with everything and the real final race, I'd have all of the ones I cared about in my mind and heart. Which really was my fancy dance around the self pity that my family and friends wouldn't get to see me, Waaaah :*(

Then Maggie signed up to run Nashville too... Then My brothers booked a flight...Then my parents showed up 12 hrs before the race to surprise me... then the weather came..

I was so angry that I had planned out April 24, since November 16 and now it was all ruined! How can this happen? So yesterday on my run, I realized...I had secretly wished to run somewhere close to home and now I AM!!!

I got my new itinerary today from Amanda and I got the same chills I did two weeks ago when I got my first marathon stuff. You see I get a do over. An immediate, do over. I know my brothers will not be able to make it this weekend, but they were there last weekend and I will be talking to them up to the start and right from the finish. My parents who I was convinced would not be able to see me finish (until they surprised me) will be there when I cross the finish line. And whether or not many of my other friends or family make it. I'm running in JERSEY ya'll! (I kinda like Ya'll and may be implementing it from time to time *WARNING*) I am a born and raised Jersey girl and it really only seems fit to run this marathon on home turf. I got to see the sights of Nashville and Tallahassee with my half marathons, but I am starting to think this all worked out in my favor.

I wish that I could just instantly produce a video montage of the past 5 months. The beginning when I was pumped but unsure. The middle when I went farther and farther each week then I ever have before. The last few weeks when I was filled with fear and doubt. Last weekend when I ran with a smile on my face for 11 miles. To right now when I am still nervous and a little worried but so grateful I will be able to finish! I know that I can, and I am going to have fun doing it.

What I learned from my test run last week: Bring my own GU, possibly my own water (still debating), wear a watch (that way I know), Leave it all on the course, HAVE FUN and enjoy that extra LONG victory lap of the past 5 months of training!!!

Here is the link to the pics from Nashville. And I must say they came out pretty well ;)

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/event_entry.py?event=Sports%2FRRUS%2F2010%2FCountry+Music+Nashville+Marathon+and+Half&new_search=1&match=19329

(Not sure if that will come up as a link, so just copy and paste it in the Address bar if not)


Long Branch New Jersey ~ THE NEW JERSEY MARATHON

Will be starting at 9am on Sunday May 2, 2010

Team in Training has hooked it up so I am rooming with someone ( I have yet to meet) on Saturday night and get to relive the morning of with the team.

All of the spectator details are on the marathons website

http://www.njmarathon.org/index.html

Ok I hope to see you out there kids.. and if not say a prayer the tornadoes steer clear of the Jersey Shore on Sunday :) GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment