Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting Stoked

I was so excited about the new countdown widget, I forgot to talk about the other races lined up for Fall! Well I was talking about running at work one day, and I started to get excited talking about the ING or Rock N Roll or Distance Run (whatever the Philly September Half Marathon is called now). I was telling the girls about the bands at every mile and running around the city, I really liked it last year. Probably because the route is my normal stomping ground. Anyway, I now I have two other girls (and one or two teetering) that are doing it! That race is September 18 this year. Then, I signed up for the Philly Full Marathon with TEAM IN TRAINING!!!
I went to the info meeting two weeks ago and it was cool to say that I had run a marathon before. A little more than a year ago anyone who said that to me I looked at them like they had three heads, how could they ever run that far? But now I cannot wait to do it again! This Thursday will be the TNT kickoff Party in Conshohocken, just like last year. I think it will be more challenging to train in the summer opposed to the winter. I prefer the cold, especially when running. But it will be cool to do it! So I have my fundraising page again but I want to personalize it before I post the link. Last year my goal was $4,500! And this year for Philly it is $1,300 if you stay in a hotel, $1,000 if you don’t, and $750 if you are alumni. So my goal is $750!!! Not too bad at all. I went online looking for fundraising options and sent away for the cookie tub things (frozen cookie dough). That is a brochure so there is no money up front that I pay and you get cookie dough for the money you pay! Good deal! If you want cookie dough let me know, I’m your girl. I will post the details once I get them.

Yesterday I went for a walk/run down to FDR Park to see some friends play softball. I stayed in Jersey Sat night so I didn’t hit the pavement til after 11. By the time I got to the game, my friends scored a couple runs and within ten minutes it was over. It was good because I got to see them win but I still had plenty of time to get back to my place before having to be at the hospital. On the way home I did a loop around the lake in the park. I tracked it on Mapmyrun.com this morning and I did about 8.5 miles total yesterday. The first three miles was mainly running with a couple walk breaks. Then the next two miles (after the game) was running, but the rest was walking. This weekend was gorgeous! Saturday I was at Six Flags all day and man did we walk. It was 5:30pm before we even got to the other half of the park! So much fun. Today my allergies are killing me….slowly. I am hoping by the time I get back to my place I will feel up for a run tonight. Only 4 more months til my lease is up and I can move to somewhere with windows. So up to date countdown would be:

20 in 24 --- 68 Days
Philly Half--- 132 Days
Philly Full Marathon--- 195 Days


“Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.” ~Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment