Friday, May 13, 2011

Go TIME

Let it begin!

Fundraising
OK I added the link (on the right) to my Fundraising page and it OFFICIALLY has begun! I got the brochures for Cookie Dough Tubs $10 for a 2 lb container that you can freeze. The kinds of cookies are:
*Chocolate Chunk
*Peanut Butter
*Oatmeal Raisin
*Sugar
*White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
*Snickerdoodle

I have to have 120 tubs ordered before I can place it though, so if you know ANYONE that likes cookies, send them my way!!!

Second Option: Joe Corbis Pizza
A woman at work's kid, did this one and I kept my pizza kit in the freezer at work so I can just make the little personalized guy for lunch when I need it. Great Idea. I am waiting on the brochures for that. More info to come...

Kick Off
Last night I went to the TNT Kickoff at the Great American Pub in Conshohocken. Last year they had the back room but this year it was upstairs, a lot bigger! There were a lot of people there! A lot of people are doing the Philly Full Marathon and A bunce are doing the Rock N Roll Half in September. There were people for the other events too (Marine Corps Marathon, Nike’s Women Marathon, the Tri, and Seagull Century) but the majority were for the Philly events.
I got my training shirt, similar to last years, but I went for the Large this time. Last year I was always tugging on it, too tiny..

Training
Anyway tomorrow will be our first group run and our training schedules start from there. It was interesting this time because instead of miles, the runs are by time… so for the three or four runs on our own during the week it will say (25 min or 30 min) instead of 2.5 or 3 miles. The weekend long runs are in miles still. I am excited!! Tomorrow we are meeting at the Manayunk running club. They are leaving every 20 mins from 8-11am. I met a couple girls from the city but none of us drive, they are taking the 7:25am train out because they are mentors so they have to be there from the start. I said I would go with them because it will be nice to not go alone plus I have no idea where I am going. My understanding is that when I first get there, they will give me the schpele on running shoes and which are best for me…take a look at mine and ask me how long I have had them… I can actually get the correct answer by going back in my posts but off the top of my head I think Feb of 2010 I bought them so over a year old. I was told that the deal for running shoes is they are good for 500 miles…I am not sure when mine expired but I’m pretty confident they are doneski. I do not have the money right now for the new shoes but they are in my plans for this summer. After that we will go with a group for a 20-25 min run on the toe path. Not sure what the toe path is or if I have run on it before but it sounds fun.

I did not wake up yesterday or today in time to run : ( Yesterday I just wanted to sleep and today I justified it because I got a Charlie horse (or cramp) in my Left Calf. So I told myself, I better not run so I am not sore for my softball game tonight. But actually I don’t feel the pain anymore. Sometimes when I get those cramps I feel it for a day or two…They are the worst! I cry like a baby too when I get one. There is nothing that can make it go away. Depending on my mood I either squeeze my leg for dear life or I punch it, but I have to ride it to the end. Then if I flex my foot half the time the pain comes right back again. Every time I tell people I get them they always say how they got them when they were pregnant. I get them like once every 3-6 weeks, but no bun in the oven here. Lack of potassium is what WebMD and my parents tell me, so I gotta eat more bananas and stop being such a baby.

Tonight hopefully I will run around the bases a couple times and can count that as my little teeny run. Tomorrow after Manayunk, I am going to run to the Path and check out the Dad Vail (Since I didn’t make it this morning). Today is the beginning so by mid morning tomorrow it should be heading into the Finals.. I miss crew.. Hopefully I will get a few more miles in other than the morning run.

Sunday I am meeting a friend at 10am so I want to wake up and run a little before then, that way I am not rushing so I can run before I have to be at the hospital at 3. School starts on Monday, which means these AM runs will be key. I need more discipline. I know once I get home from school I usually have convinced myself I am too tired to run, so by doing it right away I don’t give myself the chance to say no! Two weeks til Tam’s Wedding! Holy Moly! Next week is the shower and then it is here already. I have not tried the dress on since I was fitted for it, not because I am too scared but Tam has it. I think it should be fine. I have the dress for Dannielle’s wedding (Sept) Hanging in my closet and I don’t want to touch it because I feel like I can stain and wrinkle anything at any moment. Hopefully by August that bad boy will be a little looser, but if not no worries. OK today’s quote is:

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?" - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

No comments:

Post a Comment