Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yesterday and today I woke up in time to run! Monday my allergies were out of control. It took half the day to feel semi normal. By the time I got home, my plan was to take a nap for 30 minutes around 6pm…I woke up at 5am! Then I laid in bed til 5:45 when I got a text from a friend, saying ‘Rise and Shine.’ Now a few weeks ago, maybe even a month by now, I was telling her how great it is to wake up early and get your work out done. Telling her how I feel so wonderful when I do, yada yada. And she has been waking up to make the early morning spinning class for her gym on Tuesdays. That was the push I needed to get moving. I was well rested but my body could sleep forever if I let it. I ran up South St to the Bridge at 27th St, then back. It is 4 miles total (2 up and 2 back). I ran 10 mins, walked 5, ran 10, walked 10, ran the rest. It was nice.

Then this morning, I ran with a friend which always motivates me. Woke up at 5:30 was out the door at 6 and we ran for roughly 35 mins. Did around 3.2 miles. We went down to Penn’s Landing then up Market over 10th and back to Bainbridge and home. I was talking to him about Team in Training and the Philly Marathon, if I had it my way everyone of my friends and family would run a marathon together! It was perfect running weather today. I ran the whole time (because I wasn’t alone). But so far I feel good today. My college crew team is coming to town this weekend for the Dad Vail Regatta. I am going to try to wake up at 5 on Friday and run up there to see if I see Coach Allen. I would go Saturday but I think the first Team training is this Sat at 8am at Valley Green, so I won’t have enough time.

Tomorrow night is the Kick Off Party and I am excited to meet the new team. I am glad Alyssa is doing it too. She moved to the burbs though which is kind of a bummer but I think she will still be at the group runs so I can have a running partner my pace. I will have to mingle so I can meet someone from the city who has a car and won’t mind carting me around. I borrowed my mom’s car for a couple of the runs last year but I had some numbers to call in case it didn’t work out.
I’m excited to start again with the Team because it gives me more of a purpose. I like to hear the stories of the survivors and of other team members as to why they do it. It’s like a mini cry session before the run but again it reminds you why you are out there, raising $ Etc… Alright Quote of the day:

“No great achievement is possible without persistent work.” ~Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment