Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Frogger

Those Christmas shoppers are out and Running down Chestnut is a mix between Frogger and how I picture football training camp to be (in my mind I do spins off the pedestrians and weave to get to the next stop light). It's pretty frustrating and slightly embarrassing when I get a nice break away from the crowd and a red light stops me.

The positives for running in the city: it's well lit and scenic. I remember living with my mom in Jersey and running around the neighborhood 3-4 times. You run one way a mile then hit a 4 lane highway, turn the other way and same thing.

Last night was a great night for a run, clear sky, Christmas lighting, and 45 degrees. I ran to Penn's Landing to see if I can get a pretty picture of the ice skaters at the River Rink. There were only a couple out there and the lighting was super bright so I deleted the pic I took.

I also can't help but feel like I'm a stalker when I take pictures of people. Which is why 98.6% of my pictures are inanimate objects, they can't judge me. The water was very pretty and the condos had their red and green lights outside, lining their multimillion dollar dock.

I ran up Market and got a little better at my people dodging. The tipsy people are so hard to judge. Usually I can see if someone is headed to walk into a building and I verge accordingly, but there's at least 3 people on any given run that either abort their original destination or just have no idea they walk zig zaggedly.

I made it to City Hall and Love Park then back to my warm, cozy apartment. Cozy is a synonym for tiny if you ever see it on Craigslist while apartment hunting, but I love it.
Tonight is also a great night but I am going to do something's around the house and hope to wake up for a morning jog tomorrow.

I have my philosophy of Religion final tomorrow night, then Nutrition on Monday and I am off for almost a full month! I remember when that meant I was off from everything and just needed to nap and catch up on all of the daytime TV I missed while in class. I do still have a job but a few more nights free a week, I'll take it!

I should probably buy things for the people I love soon... Eh I got 11 days

No comments:

Post a Comment