Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just Keeps Getting Better

Yesterday I ran the farthest I have ever run in my life, 14 miles!! And from here on out, every week will be the farthest I have ever run. It's amazing that a year ago I was in Tallahassee getting ready to run my first half marathon. After I was finished I was convinced that was the farthest I would have ever run. Honestly at that moment I didn't have any interest in running even that far again. But now, here I am running that far just on a training run!! Not to say that I didn't take a two hour nap after I got home, because I did. But it was different. Yesterday I went out and had fun and by the end of the night I wasn't in pain or even thinking how that was all I did yesterday. It was just the beginning of the day. And you know what? I am feeling that runner's high. The endorphins are like on steroids or something and I feel like each run, it's just going to get better. I know that the pain will come and after awhile ( I think it's mile 11 for me) it becomes ALL mental, but I have faith now. I ran more than half a marathon yesterday!! My friend told me I had the runner's glow :) It's awesome! And I am pumped to keep going!!
I still need to set a date to have a spaghetti dinner, I am trying to find a place close by, but I will post as soon as it's set. Thing's are happening :)

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.”

Oh Happy Valentine's Day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment