Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quieting the Mind- Opening the Soul

I have been really tired the last couple days. The good news is, I have been sleeping alot. I just joined the gym near my new apartment and with that I always make a decision to attend the fitness classes.




I have always dabbled with Yoga over the past few years, since High school actually. I go through phases where I practice once or twice a week for a few weeks before falling out of it again. I feel like more and more of my friends have been doing Yoga regularly and I would like to join them. They have Vinyasa at my gym and there is a studio on Sansom St that does Bikram, which is where a few of my friends go.

Bikram Yoga is done in an 120 degree room. I sweat when it is 50 degrees outside so I am sure I would lose buckets... But not one person had anything negative to say about it. I think I will give that a try the next couple weeks.

Obviously I will still be training, with 25 days to go, but I think Yoga will be a nice addition to it. I wish that I had the ocean at my doorstep to go to each morning and meditate and stretch. I do have the Schuylkill River right there and a new gym membership so no more excuses.





"Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment