Friday, October 28, 2011

Treadmills….arg!
That is pretty much what I think about that. The best, possibly only, good thing is being able to watch TV while you run.

The other night I went to the gym to run and it is pretty annoying to do the intervals, but I did it. A guy got on the treadmill next to me…There were about 11 empty ones, not exactly sure why he wanted to go right next to me. I was the only other person running. My gym is weird though, because it is all windows and I can see why people would count the row closest to the street out immediately. Awkward…

So kid gets on the treadmill and I am about 15 mins into my run already. He starts his jogging and you guys know the deal, he started looking at my machine. Probably because I was changing the speed every 2 minutes, but I made sure not to look at his. At least until he was off of it and couldn’t see me.

He didn’t bother me too much and when he got off, I glanced over to get the results: 30 mins and ran 3.76 miles I just smiled. It doesn’t matter how fast people go, even though I will look every time. After my 5 I still felt really good, which is good because I will have to do 5 times that in a couple weeks.

Anyway, the gym process is not my favorite. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone through routines with trainers on free weights and exercises yet every time I get there I hit the treadmill and unless I am taking a class, I leave. I know that strength training is important but I don’t know I am set to Cardio for some reason.

The Team Run this week is at Kelly Drive, 12 miles. I love how the down week is still pretty far to most people but 12 miles sounds like heaven to me now. I know I can do that, and I know that it will be freezing! I do love running in the cold though. It has been awhile, but if you go back in the blog I posted a pic from Valley Forge in 2010 when the Gatorade froze on the ground, I think we had done 16 that morning.

Now that the cold is coming, I have to fish through my running clothes. There are countless zip ups….somewhere in the clothes. I did learn my lesson on Sunday which I often forget, run home. I need to run home or at least not stay out for extended periods of time after my run. I need to change my clothes (shower) and get warm. Once I am sweating and then sit for awhile I start shaking and it is freezing! So Sunday I will run my 12 and run HOME!



No comments:

Post a Comment