Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sweat It Out

Today I ran my fastest 12 miles ever! 2 hours even! My PR for a Half Marathon (13.1 miles) is 2:28.. So had I been running a Half today I would have broken my record!

Big things!!

It was a chilly one, but nothing I hadn't done before. I was talking about training for Nashville and the 16 miles we did in 18 degree weather. Not too many people came out this AM.
I ran with Annie at first, she ran the Nike Women's Half two weeks ago in San Fran. She told me all about it, sounded hilly. But I love the fact that they get Tiffany Necklaces at the end instead of medals, mixes it up. She said the expo had booths where you could have your hair done, or make a smoothie, or get a facial... Typical womanly things. All in all she had fun.

She ran the first 3 miles with me and then two of the women coaches met me before Falls Bridge. We ran to the 6 mile marker and turned around.

I was doing 2:1 today but when I was with the two coaches the pace was quicker. I thought my watch had stopped working at the end of the run when I looked down and saw the time. I was glad I didn't have to run alone.

When I got home I still felt good, so I text my friend to see if she was around to check out the Bikram Yoga place. We went to a 3:30 class today. Man that was hot, I sweat so much. It was hard and I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow. I paid for the intro so I can go whenever this week. I'm gonna have to fit at least two more in.

Some people are so flexible it's crazy. I accept my stiffness though. I can hold a tree pose for an hour yet I can't touch my toes or lift my legs straight up while lying down. I don't know why that is.

Today was a good exercise day. I feel good oh and the Eagles just beat the Cowboys do obviously it was a great ending to a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment