Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back to The Bridge....Ooops

That’s right folks, I woke up before 6 am two days in a row! This morning I did not map out my route and I accidentally ran 8 miles…before work! I don’t think I have run that far on a weekday morning before. It was completely unintentional but Man I feel good! And that will be my second to last longest run. Sunday is 10 miles and it will all be downhill from there…promise.


Yesterday and today I ran with people, because (see below) I am incapable of waking up for the most part unless I know someone is waiting for me. Both people I ran with had the same reaction after our second or third walk break…’You got faster.’ I ran with both of them over the summer and even last spring when I was not fully on the walk/run wagon…I was the slow trotter, but now I am the walk/runner (I will think of a more clever nickname for this).

It was so foggy this morning, it actually was slightly eerie. To be on the bridge and not be able to see the top of it, then look out to the River and not see more than 2 feet. Crazy, but actually pretty neat. My friend, Amy ran by with her dog. It was the first time I have seen her running since she moved to Philly a few weeks ago. She runs with a group every Thursday morning, I would like to check that out sometime.

I was pre occupied today with some homework. I have my first oral presentation since….I can’t even tell you maybe 6 years. It’s only 5 minutes but I wanted to make sure I semi understood it. Tomorrow I am ‘planning’ on waking early again and get 3-5 miles in. I set my watch and my phone alarm last night and strangely I was raring to go…well I was conscious when it beeped.

It had been way too long since I have run the bridge…I think I will have to make that trek at least once a month. It’s kinda too pretty not to. Even though these pics don’t show it..



"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." ~Nike


No comments:

Post a Comment