Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm So Excited!!!!

I am getting Antsy! I think this is the first time I can remember being EXCITED more than terrified before a race.

Fundraising
Today was the Deadline for Philly. Thank you to everyone who donated and to anyone who was planning on it, don’t you worry! The link on the top right is now connected to my new page for the Disney Marathon in Jan. My goal is $500 for that race, even though it says over 2,000. You guys are awesome!

Training
This morning I was able to wake up…because I met my friend, Rachel for a run. 5:38a my alarm went off and typically I hit snooze and think nothing of it. But when I know someone is going to meet me, I always get up…or I lay in bed til the last minute waiting for them to text me that they can’t make it. We ran over 4 miles, about an 11 minute pace, and she ran/walked with me which I was happy about. It was a beautiful morning, little chilly, but the sun was out and it was a great way to start the day. Then I got to work and I started getting SUPER hyper about the marathon! Like really hyper! I feel good when I am running now and I know that I am ready for this. Bring it on Philly!

Also, I have been noticing more Philly Marathon (‘I Kicked Asphalt’) shirts around this past week. One of the nurses leaving the hospital yesterday had one on and I smiled, gave her a little head nod…She kept walking but I felt a soon to be connection there ha in 11 days I too will be a Philly Marathoner. I don’t want to jinx myself because anything can happen in 26.2 miles. It is a long time, and I have been very lucky in my previous runs. My mental walls are usually the most difficult thing for me to push through. It is one of those days I wish I could make the Marathon tomorrow. I think this is the very first time I have ever had a ‘I want to run 26 miles tomorrow not later’ moments…Let’s go ahead and cherish this one because I am sure once I update post race, I will read back and want to harm me today.

Amidst my googling for marathon finishes and tips for the final few weeks…I found some informational and inspriational links. Here is a link on tips for the final two weeks and the importance of tapering before the marathon.
http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_taper.html


And here is a link that Caroline shared with me from this past Sunday’s New York City Marathon. They had Runner’s World’s David Willey running on the course and talking with different runners. Turns out the majority of people are doing it for someone else. Awesome link, Thanks Caroline!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5vCBiMHQhE&feature=youtu.be 


I have watched Team in Training videos, marathon finishes, and just regular running clips. And I gotta be honest, I am tearing up over here! There was one clip of a man who lost over 100 lbs while training for the Boston Marathon and raising money for Cystic Fibrosis. Although this clip didn’t show the actual marathon, it showed him training in the different climates and from beginning to end. Also, who doesn’t like a little Coldplay in their afternoon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9BFx5Mhqo

Ok with that I will stop googling, well I will stop posting everything I have googled.

So can you tell I am a little excited about all of this?! HOW BOUT NOW?! The Caps Lock helps get my point across I think. It’s an enthusiastic yell so don’t worry. I added some counters to the right toolbar. The Walt Disney World Marathon and yes….the 20 in 24 hour race. After much contemplation (30 seconds of thinking about the pain I was in during this year’s race, followed by 20 minutes of looking through pictures of it) I have decided to once again run the Lone Ranger. It will be July 14-15 this year, so I will be able to end my 27th year on this earth the way I started it…running until I physically can’t anymore, then taking a victory lap!

Stay Tuned…it’s about to get interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment