Thursday, November 17, 2011

You Tube I Tube, We all Tube

I really can’t remember the last time I was so excited for something. I mean I was pumped for 20 in 24, absolutely, but this is a different excitement.

I have a goal, 5:30.. I mean the ultimate goal is to finish, but I do want to beat my time and I know I can. The fact is I was hesitant to set a goal because I do not want to be upset if I don’t make it. I have trained up til now and I know that I am ready, however, a lot can happen in 26.2 miles. Plus if I say 545 or 530 and get 525? It will be fantastic! Going off of my longer runs (best so far would be the 18miles at 3:36) I think it is attainable. But again the goal is to show up, run, smile, and get my medal and foil cape at the end.

They have the tracking set up on the webpage, so if you want to get updates sent to your phone on my progress or any other runner, you can go to

http://www.philadelphiamarathon.com/for-family-friends-and-fans

I remember doing that for Maggie two years ago. It was pretty on track and cool to know where she was. As if the Blogs and continuous FB updates are not enough, I want to also be carried around in your pockets with GPS updates ;) Only for the race though, other than that it is called stalking… which I make it very easy anyway through the vices listed above.
I have been debating on how extreme I would like to look. I would like to spray my hair purple and possible some heavy crazy makeup…however I am not 100% sold yet..I am going to stop in Rite Aid tomorrow night and browse the expo to see if anything strikes my fancy. I do need to get a t-shirt for under my race bib…something simple I think since the bib is purple. I decided against the tights under the skirt and am just going with the skirt. It’s gonna be chilly in the morning! But I know that I will warm up.

I didn’t take any pictures this morning when I ran. I went for 3 miles, down Chestnut and back up Walnut. They are filming a movie around 9th and Chestnut, and having tents and trailers taking over the parking lot there. I didn’t see anything good, although I heard Bradley Cooper, Robert Deniro, and Chris Tucker are in whatever they are filming. I did have my brush the world’s sexiest man last year outside Barnes and Noble at Rittenhouse.. no words were exchanged but I may have imagined a head nod. The pic woulda just been tents with sidewalls, so I refrained.

I am planning on running tomorrow morning with Rachel, so maybe there will be a pretty sunrise. I don’t want to go too far maybe 3 miles, but it is 2 miles to get to the water (and the prettiest shots) which makes it an automatic 4mile + run… We shall see what happens.

I think part of the reason I am so excited for this is because it is coming at a really good time. I did my presentation for one class last week and turned in my big project for the other class on Monday. I have 3 tests in the 2 classes combined, left in the semester! What better way to relax than run this marathon! The last two days my brain has felt so good.. I am going to study tonight when I get home for a little while but there is not too much stress right now.

I have 9 days after the marathon to solely focus on studying for LaSalle’s Pre Entrance exam. So my mind…is on the marathon right now!

I have been having some problems with the videos I add, so just check this link out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0gxOH2OTn0&feature=related

I have been posting videos all week but I think this is top 3 for sure. I like the ones that show the runner training too, and the ending is cool. Good Stuff You Tube. It is making me want to take some footage myself, we will see what happens. Every time a camera hits me I become the most awkward person alive. It started 27 years ago on a hot summer’s morn…No Im just kidding I couldn’t have been this awkward the entire time. But yes actually let me find some proof of this…watch this video, I am not the one talking although I had been a volunteer with the program they are talking about…When they interviewed me I didn’t know where to look so my eyes were bouncing around the camera persons head like the greatest game of ping pong was happening back there..and at the end…Locked eyes and grimaced. Go figure they used the girl who knew very little about the program, the camera liked her…such is life lol jk

My awkward 12 seconds of silent fame 

41 seconds in…and I give a head nod at 52 seconds in agreement, why yes it was a hot one..
Ah ha proof of the awkward…

Ok enough of googling videos, time for class! Ill update tomorrow or Saturday, keep this amped up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment