Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We Gladly Return To Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

There has been a momentary pause in my training, but I’m glad to report that this morning I resumed!


In case you were on the edge of your seats wondering: Monday nights Nutrition Test:88, LaSalle’s Pre Entrance Exam: Above the Required score!

There was no set pass/ fail really for LaSalle’s Nursing Entrance Exam but they said anything above a 100, with a 40 in each category (Math, Science, & Verbal). I got a 118! Turns out I am horrible at Science, I got the lowest acceptable grade (40) but my Math skills brought it up (94). And Verbal well not my favorite, but I got an okay grade I spose (>purposely spelled wrong for my geeky humor).

Now that I can breathe a sigh of relief temporarily, I got back to the streets this morning for a run. I ran 5miles and it was such a glorious morning. It was like discovery day. The River Rink is now up at Penn’s Landing (see below) and also Occupy Philly moved from City Hall (also see below- I played with the pics to make them more aesthetically pleasing. And also so I can play with my Instagram app on my Iphone).

Practice is at Kelly Drive this Saturday which I will be attending. The Team is up to 8 miles for the Disney Half and 20 miles for the Full. I have been thinking about possibly dropping to run the Half instead of the Full. The truth is my knee is still bothering me and I am worried about messing it up more before the 24 hr race, which I am sure will not be kind to it.

Just something I am praying on currently. I am hoping to run tomorrow morning too, I think I need to venture out more for different pics. Maybe I will run to west Philly and capture the city on the way back…Hmm…

I am absolutely enjoying the holiday season coming on. I love the lights and decorations! And it is neat because now is the time that a little more of town each day will start to become decorated. I took a picture of Christmas Village the other day, because I was shocked it was in Love Park but Occupy Philly was still in Dilworth Plaza. My first thought was ‘the skateboarders must be pissed they can’t skate at Love Park.’ Then when I was walking down South St I saw about 30-40 skateboarders come by..ripple effect.

I hope everyone is enjoying the transition into the Holidays. I am a weirdo but I would much rather run in the cold then the heat. There is just nothing better than a hot shower after an icy cold run, some soup, and a 3-7 hour nap….ahhh



River Rink
UnOccuppied
Christmas Village in Love Park
More of this morning's run

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." ~Oprah















No comments:

Post a Comment